Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas in Enterprise





O.K. so I'm not fabulous at update my blog. The month of Dec. has been crazy. With going to the burn unit once a week and then me getting sick and having to spend a night in urgent care observation unit with a severe kidney infection and then spending a week in Enterprise, things have been busy.

We weren't going to go up to Enterprise for Christmas since Jerry had to work, but he insisted we go since we haven't been up there for two years and he wasn't going to be here to see the kids open there presents anyway. He said just take the video camera and record it and I will come up on Friday after work. Well that's what we did. He called me at 6:30 a.m. and said they were sending him home and didn't need him. He wanted to know if he should come up for the day. I said o.k. at first till I remember there was suppose to be a severe snow storm that day. He's not so confident at driving in the snow. I told him to just stay put and hang out with Jared. We were a little bummed about that but we couldn't have predicted that his stupid company would send him home that early because that can't plan things right.

The kids got up and Elizabeth was so excited about her presents. Everything she opens was just what she wanted. Such a drama queen she is. Steven wasn't all that interested in opening present. He was more interested in the basketball he got. I got a new camera that I wanted and to my great surprise Jerry and I got a wii from my in laws. My mother-in-law is a shopaholic what can I say. Love her. Especially when she does stuff like that. I really wanted one, it was just out of my price range. Elizabeth got her own camera which she took many many pictures especially of herself.

Jerry and Jared came up on Fri. night. We had gone to St. George for dinner for Hunter's birthday and so I waited for him and I drove the rest of the way since the roads where still covered in snow and ice. Saturday the Jared and Elizabeth played in the snow as much as we would let them. Steven wasn't to fond of the snow. He wouldn't leave gloves on, so his hands were cold. I think the gloves reminded him of his dressing to much.

Sunday early morning Elizabeth woke up sick to her stomach. To much playing I think. She was feeling better though by the time we were ready to go. We went to Logandale to hear Jessica speak in church about her mission. Then we made it home 20 minutes before tithing settlement.

Things have been slow since coming home. I have been trying to catch up with business and other things which were going o.k. till New Years Eve when I got sick with the stomach flu. So New Years wasn't that great. I laid in bed. I am feeling a little better but not fabulous yet. Not a great way to start to new year. I hope it only gets better from here on out. Hope everyone had a much better New Years than we did. May Our Father in Heaven bless us all with good health and a prospers year this year.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you got the stomach bug! You probably got it from our house! I thought we were over when you came over! Sorry! Happy New Year though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so fun to have you here. Thanks for saving Ryan's hair while you were here. Pictures look great

    ReplyDelete